About Lee Academy
Lee Academy is a comprehensive K3 - 12 college preparatory school.
Lee Academy, a college preparatory school, provides an educational environment of excellence with high academic and behavioral standards. The vision of Lee Academy is to build the bridge to a student's future by nurturing the growth of the student with regard to individual needs and abilities in an atmosphere of warmth and caring and to develop strong character in each student by teaching principles of self-discipline, respect for authority, patriotism, a love of learning and reverence for God.
NON-DISCRIMINATORY ADMISSIONS AND EMPLOYMENT POLICY
Lee Academy and the Lula-Rich Educational Foundation, Inc., in keeping with our belief in the innate worth of every person, welcome the application of students and staff members of any race, religion, color, and/or national origin and do not discriminate against individuals of such groups.
- 3 National Merit Finalists during past 5 years.
- 1 Rhodes Scholar.
- Sports journalist for Times Picayune.
- Om teams compete in Nationals and have attended World Competition twice.
- Quiz Bowl team won MPSA. Competed in South Carolina.
- More than 99% of our graduates go to college- 95% straight to a four-year college.
- For the past 5 years a Lee Senior has been selected Student of the Year by the Exchange Club.
- Two Hoss Bennett Award winners- Scholar Athlete.
- Several Lee Students each summer attend college enrichment programs- PACE at Ole Miss, Governor's at MUW.
- Each year students attend leadership seminars in Washington, D.C.
- ACT average has ranged from 19 to 21 over the past 5 years.
- Numerous graduates have become doctors, lawyers, bankers, accountants, teachers, etc. and many have become community leaders.
- Honor rolls from DSU, Ole Miss, and MSU demonstrate the success of many Lee Graduates in College.
- Lee Academy participates in the Talent Identification Program (TIP) for the benefit of academically talented seventh grade students.